To protect our environment, reduce energy consumption, and promote a green, eco-friendly living, the Zen Center of Sunnyvale invites you to an educational and practical "Green Action Day" on Sunday, November 13, 10 am - 2:00 pm.
With an emphasis on hands-on learning, interactive demonstration, bite-sized digestible information from experts, practical tips, useful hand-outs, and green samples and souvenirs to take home, the Green Action Day will be fun and enriching.
Just a tidbit of what the five different eco-stations have to offer at the Zen Center that day:
• Make citrus and green cleanser from food scraps and know about doing greener laundry.
• E-waste and metal waste recycling: bring your old batteries, TV, computer, toaster, cell phones, even bicycles to be recycled.
• Learn how to read product labels to spot toxic ingredients and when to buy organic.
• See close-up how the solar panels on the Zen Center rooftop power up more than the entire facility, and get expert insights on renewable energy and conservation.
• Find out much more than you think you can recycle and get the kids engaged -- it's wholesome family fun!
• How about earth-friendly planting -- pick up tips from Santa Clara County Master Gardeners and take home mini-greenhouses, seeds, and potting soil to start your organic garden!
• Free vegetarian meal
• Souvenir for everyone, and free prize draw for those who commit to some of the dozens of "green action items"!
Bring your questions to experts in their fields:
• Wangteng Tsai, PhD, Environmental Engineering Consultant,
• Hailen Mak, M.D., M.P.H., Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine,
• Diana Ma, PhD, VP of SunPower Corp,
• Nella Henninger, Events Chair from the Santa Clara County/UC Master Gardeners Program
They will be here to present practical information, answer your questions, and engage you in interactive and hands-on activities.
The event is free and open to the public. Come join us and bring your families and friends.
>>To download a poster, click here .